New York State going toll less a few years ago has caused a nightmare of problems and issues for motorists in and outside of New York State. The problems have been especially pronounced for motorists using the New York State Thruway Authorities roads and the Mario M. Cuomo Bridge (formally Tappan Zee Bridge).
If you have accrued penalties and violation for tolls from the New York State Thruway Authority or the Mario M. Cuomo Bridge (formally Tappan Zee Bridge) we can help. We can refer you to a law firm that is currently prosecuting a class action lawsuit against EZ Pass and the NY State Thruway Authority, and needs class representatives.
A class representative is the named plaintiff in a class action whose experience is representative of the class participants. The advantage of being a class representative is that, including the recovery that the class participants get, class representatives get additionally compensated for the time and effort they spend as the representative client of the class.
Whether or not you have an EZ Pass, all tolls are collected without the option of paying a toll collector at the bridge or road. If you have an EZ Pass the tolls are billed to your EZ Pass account and, depending upon the way you have your account set up are auto paid or are paid by you via credit card by the due date. If you do not have EZ Pass the toll bill is mailed to the address of record on the vehicle’s registration plate.
Ever since the state went toll less, EZ Pass has been screwing up billing and collection of tolls. Things such as:
- Accruing false fines, penalties, and violations by not properly updating the credit card info on the EZ Pass accounts even though updated information was provided
- Not mailing bills to persons without EZ Pass until AFTER the time frame for them to pay is past due
- Not mailing bills to persons without EZ Pass until AFTER they have already put the account or bills in collections
- Charging excessive fines, violations, and penalties that exceed the EZ Pass agreement
- Charging excessive fines, violations, and penalties that violate property and due process rights under the United States and NY State Constitutions
- Working out a settlement only to renege after payment has been made and demand more or the gross amount
- Not ledgering payments timely mailed to EZ Pass and thereby accruing false fines, penalties, and violations
These are just a few of the examples that we know of that EZ Pass is doing to motorists. Perhaps this has happened to you, or maybe something different. Either way, if you would like to be a class representative for issues you have experienced with the NY State Thruway Authority or the Mario M. Cuomo Bridge, contact us and we will put you in contact with the lawyers who are representing the motorists of the state to stop this egregious action.