Bronx Ticket Defense
Our Bronx traffic ticket defense lawyers stand ready to service your needs when you receive a Bronx County speeding ticket. We have extensive experience in defending motorists charged in the Bronx with speeding, NY VTL § 1180, failure to obey a traffic signal, VTL § 1111, running a stop sign, VTL § 1172, cell phone violation, NY VTL § 1225, and all other moving violations. Unlike anywhere else in New York State, defending a Bronx traffic ticket is different as there is a no plea bargaining policy. Our Bronx traffic court lawyers have the experience and know how to get your case resolved in your favor and to ensure that your insurance does not increase.The Court
The Bronx County Traffic Violations Bureau is located at 696 East Fordham Road, Bronx, NY 10458. It is a Department of Motor Vehicles Court, and it is often referred to as the “Bronx DMV TVB.” By being a court of the NY DMV makes it an administrative tribunal. This means that the cases are heard not by an elected judge but by an Administrative Law Judge employed by the DMV. The special difficulties and challenges in defending a Bronx speeding ticket is contained in our NYC Ticket Defense Page.Bronx Highway Patrol
If you were given a traffic ticket on a highway in the Bronx such as the Henry Hudson Highway, East Side Highway, Major Deegan Expressway, Mosholu Parkway, Cross Bronx Expressway, Bruckner Expressway, Hutchinson River Parkway, or the Bronx River Parkway, you were ticketed by an officer of the New York City Police Department’s Highway 1. If you were given a ticket on a surface street you were likely given a ticket by a street cop who just has to write a few “movers” a month to keep his Sergeant off of his back.
The NYPD Highway 1 unit has numerous places they like to lurk and set up speed traps. The following are a list of reported locations:
- North Bound Bruckner Expressway & Castle Hill Avenue
- Hutchinson River Parkway (Exits 4S & 4N)
- I-95 by Gun Hill Road Exit
- Throgs Neck Bridge Expressway Northbound I-95 & South by Cross Bronx Expressway
- Eastbound Fordham Road past Southern Blvd.
- Throgs Neck Expressway near Randall Avenue
- Sheridan Expressway by entrance to Cross Bronx Expressway
- Sheridan Expressway by Westchester Avenue
- Webster Avenue by 233rd Street
- Bronx River Parkway near Bruckner Expressway
- Major Deegan (I-87) by 233rd St.
- Henry Hudson Parkway South as you go over the Henry Hudson Bridge
- I-95 by Connor Street
- Pelham Parkway East by Hutchinson River Parkway
- Pelham Parkway by the horse stables
Do you know of any other Bronx Speed Trap Locations? If so e-mail is at Michael@MPalumboLaw.com for addition to the list!
NYPD Highway 1 takes their job very seriously. If you have been stopped in the Bronx by the NYPD’s Highway 1 and given a speeding ticket, you should not go it alone. Bronx Highway 1 has the training and experience to fully prosecute your case in court. Likewise, you need a professional on your side to defend the case. Remember, it is their burden to prove, not yours do disprove. Things such as weather conditions, equipment malfunctions, and inconsistencies in testimony can all lead to an acquittal. Don’t go up against Highway 1 alone. Call our office for a free phone consultation.