New York VTL § 1130 controlled access highway Defense Lawyer

Have you been charged with VTL § 1130, violation of controlled access highways in NY?

Our New York Controlled access highway traffic court lawyers can represent you when you have been charged with violating VTL § 1130. Our lawyers can represent you anywhere in New York State for violating the prohibitions of NY VT:L § 1130. If cited call our firm and speak to a NY lawyer for a free consultation to find out how we can help.

New York VTL § 1130 proscribes that when a highway is divided into two or more highways by a space or physical barrier (guard rail / Jersey barrier) the motorist must drive to the right of the barrier. Nor shall a vehicle be driven over, across, or within the dividing space. Further, a vehicle can only enter or exit a controlled access highway via entry and exit ramps.

Under VTL § 109, a controlled access highway is a highway, street, or roadway that persons have no authority to enter except at points by which the public authority having jurisdiction allows. In other words, parkways, highways, and interstates are controlled access highways.

In addition, VTL § 1131 also regulates controlled access highways. NY VTL § 1131 prohibits traveling upon the “shoulder or slope” of a controlled access highway unless directed by police or flag person (see, NY VTL § 1102). Nor does it prohibit stopping, standing, or parking.

Have you been charged with violating the terms of use of a controlled access highway under NY VTL § 1130 or NY VTL § 1131? If so we can help. Give us a call today.

Our law office offers convenience, ease, and certitude of a positive outcome. We will represent you in any court in the State of New York. we get your court appearance waived so you do not have to take time off. We give you piece of mind by giving you a money back guarantee.

Call us toll free at 1-877-99-NO-TIX (1-877-996-6849) or e-mail. We need your name, the name of the court, the charge(s), and if a speeding ticket the speed limit and the speed charged. You can e-mail us, scan and e-mail the ticket, or fax it to us at 914-777-2999. Don’t wait, do it today!